Monday, October 10, 2005

Monochromatic Mealtime

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Most people don't really seem too interested in the fabric of our marriage, an inside look at what makes it tick or how different, exactly, are we. They want to know what kind of cooking expertise I bring to our little home. How many different types of spelt bread i can make substituting olive oil for every igredient. How many times a week i open something with a can. How many varieties of basil I have growing in my window sill. Well, folks, we have windows, but we definitely don't have window sills (another blog, another time: why our apartment/townhouse resembles a 1980s beachside villa). Sorry. And i tried the basil-from-the-seedlings thing and they grew to tower just over 3 centimeters. Great.

So, I decided instead of trying to become a great cook, I'll just do what I know how to do. Incorporate food as table/room decoration instead of bodily nourishment through a failsafe method that I like to call edible monocromatimaticism. Basically, I just pick one of my favorite colors and cook four or five things of the same hue and arrange them on a white plate. Then Alex and I change into a shirt of a matching gradation and we dine. Bon colour appetite :)

Author's note:

Yes, that is a dominoes box, and yes we are avid players.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michèle said...

... but Molly: WHAT IS IT ON THAT PLATE??!? :-)

This post reminds me so much of the one from your last blog. About the white base food. Haha. :-)

LOVE YOU!!!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home